Monday, January 31, 2022

2022 read #3: Beetle & the Hollowbones by Aliza Layne.

Beetle & the Hollowbones by Aliza Layne
Coloring by Natalie Riess and Kristen Acampora
256 pages
Published 2020
Read from January 30 to January 31
Rating: 4 out of 5

My partner R asked for this book for Christmas, and I made an attempt to read it myself right after the holiday, but for whatever reason it didn't click with me at the time. Then I picked it up again yesterday, began at the beginning once more, and couldn't get enough of it.

This book is marvelous. It's so adorably drawn, the characters are delightful, and the story was exceptionally sweet and moving. I want to soak in the world's warm pastels and charming details. Of course, as always happens when I get into a graphic novel, once I got to the halfway mark I sped through and didn't pay enough attention to each panel in my eagerness to follow the story, so there's probably a lot I missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment