Sunday, December 25, 2022

2022 read #49: Silver in the Wood by Emily Tesh.

Silver in the Wood by Emily Tesh
109 pages
Published 2019
Read from December 24 to December 25
Rating: 4 out of 5

My partner R and I are putting together our own holiday traditions here in our third December living together. Christmas Eve books to swap and read? Yes please!

This is a lovely little novella about the Green Man, the ancient wood, and the shy breath of human connection. It's been in my "cheap treats to buy for myself when I can" list for most of the year, and R just happened to obtain it for our nascent holiday tradition. As with almost every novella I've read this year, it probably could have been longer; more time to linger with the characters in the deep heart of the wood would have been welcome. It's a gorgeous little book all the same, sweet and hinting at deeper wilds in its heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment