Friday, March 15, 2013

2013 read #37: Julie of the Wolves by Jean Craighead George.

Julie of the Wolves by Jean Craighead George
170 pages
Published 1972
Read March 15
Rating: ★★★★ out of 5

Finally tracked this one down. Embarrassingly, it was in the library the whole time. I was looking in the juvenile section; it turned out to be in the juvenile paperback section. All I had to do was take five seconds to look in the online catalog again. Oh well, it's not like I've been lacking for other things to read. I have twenty-seven other books checked out right now, and mountains of unread books I've accumulated over the years. I'll have enough to read until November without checking out another book, if I so chose. But I'm still glad I got the chance to read this one.

I liked it a lot. Giving books subjective scores as I do, I feel a bit odd rating this more generously than I did Heart of Darkness. No one, me least of all, is trying to imply Julie of the Wolves is a superior work. I just really really enjoyed this one. It was a simple tale fetchingly told.

No comments:

Post a Comment