Saturday, June 15, 2013

2013 read #76: Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH by Robert C. O'Brien.

Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH by Robert C. O'Brien
233 pages
Published 1971
Read June 15
Rating: ★★★★ out of 5

I keep digging up old memories of my brother's grade school English readers, the ones I read so assiduously in the years before I graduated to grownup books. The chapter "A Lesson in Reading" from this book was included in the reader I remember most clearly, probably a sixth grade text book circa 1991 with a powder blue cover. That reader also included the chapter from Sweetwater that I remembered so well. Like the Sweetwater chapter, when I read "A Lesson in Reading" I could recall it almost word for word. I must have read Randy's text book a lot to be able to remember it so clearly after twenty-two years. There are books I read a couple years ago that I don't remember anything about.

Anyway, this book was quite excellent. I liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment